De : "Dorottya Szalay" <dorottya.sza...@artincinema.com>
À : frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Objet : [Frameworks] abstract film
Date : 15/11/2015 15:56:53 CET

Hi Frameworkers,

I'm trying to get references on "abstract film".

I went through Malcolm LeGrice's book (Abstract Film and Beyond) and I would
like to know more. First of all I would like to track down the origin of the
term "abstract film". Who used it first? Who was the first known filmmaker who
defined his films "abstract"? Was it Bruno Corra? (Abstract Cinema - Chromatic
Music).

So I would be very happy if you could recommend more literature (books,
articles, dissertations etc.) on the topic.

I was hoping that Raphael Bassan's Cinema et abstraction will be available in
English but I haven't found it yet. Does anyone know anything about the current
state of the translation?

Thank you!

  Dorottya Szalay
  dorottya.sza...@artincinema.com