Eastmancolor was very bad in terms of magenta fading.

I’ve seem excellent work scanning faded prints and restoring the color (using
lots of nodes in Resolve) and doing filmouts (16mm 5K, or 35mm) by VFS, now
merged with Colorlab.

The trick is to have at least a tiny bit of the missing colors present in the
scan, to give the software something that it can work with.

> On Dec 17, 2015, at 9:46 PM, Scott Dorsey <klu...@panix.com> wrote:
>
> I don't remember whether it had to be slightly acid or slightly basic, and
> it was _just_ a thing with the Agfa/Ansco chemistry which is very different
> (and can be a lot more stable than) the modern Eastman chemistry.  I think
> there is a discussion of it in Mees' book, though.
> --scott

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
j...@kinetta.com