Having just screened a 16mm print of Report rented from Michelle Silva and the
Conner Family Trust and having watched the version up at UBU several times
http://ubu.com/film/conner_report.html I am surprised when I read a 1966 review
of Report by Robert Mosen (Film Quarterly, Vol. 19, No. 3, Spring, 1966, pp.
54-56) who describes the film this way:

> Conner opens Report with several minutes of a printed film loop of Jackie and
> Caroline as they approach, kneel at, and walk away from Kennedy's coffin
> which is lying in state.

And then:

> We go through a few loops before the sound track begins. It is a radio
> newscast of the five minutes of routine Dallas motorcade that preceded the
> assassination.

Finally:

> What follows the film loop and occupies the remaining ten minutes of the film
> can only be described as a tour de force of implicational montage. The image
> is a constant shuffle of several groups of footage. The first thing we see is
> a close-up of matador and bull in the thick of battle.

This sounds like a different film.  How many versions were there?  What would
Mosen likely have seen?

Thanks.

j/PrM

john muse
visiting assistant professor of independent college programs
haverford college
http://www.finleymuse.com
http://www.haverford.edu/faculty/jmuse
http://haverford.academia.edu/JohnMuse