From:  Andy Ditzler <a...@andyditzler.com>
Date:  Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:03:23 -0500
To:  "Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>"
<frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Subject:  Re: [Frameworks] 360 degrees

Hi Gene,

The "Actione Musicale" section in Godard's Weekend comes right to mind, as
does the circular dolly/pan around the three sisters in a restaurant in
Hannah and Her Sisters. (Assuming you're not limiting the query to only
uninterrupted/uncut 360 degree movements.) I also think of James Stewart and
Kim Novak's embrace in the hotel room in Vertigo, itself cited as an
influence on the handheld circular shot of the two young men making out
after shooting up speed in Warren Sonbert's Amphetamine. Chabrol's Les
Cousins contains a circular pan around Charles' study room near the end of
that film. The ending shot of Antonioni's The Passenger might qualify?

Andy Ditzler
Founder and curator, Film Love: www.filmlove.org <http://www.filmlove.org/>
Co-founder, John Q collective: www.johnq.org <http://www.johnq.org/>