From:  Michael Zryd <z...@yorku.ca>
Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2016 14:20:26 -0400
To:  Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Subject:  [Frameworks] Film/video programers/curators and campus film
screenings

Hi Frameworks: I¹m doing some research on what connections (if any) exist
between people who program or curate film, video, and other moving image
media and their experiences in college and university.

Question: If you are currently programming or curating, did you get any
experience at a college or university campus film society or screening
series?

I know of histories in Toronto at universities like Ryerson, University of
Toronto, and York University, and have read anecdotal accounts from schools
like Binghamton, NY, where students from those schools programmed ambitious
experimental screenings on campus and then continued to program/curate
afterwards, but I¹m wondering how widespread that connection is. And whether
it¹s a North American phenomenon or if it occurs elsewhere.

Please share any stories or personal histories, either privately to me, or
to the listserv.

Thanks!
Michael Zryd € Associate Professor
Department of Cinema & Media Arts
School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design

YORK UNIVERSITY
York Lanes 230 € 4700 Keele Street
Toronto ON € Canada M3J 1P3
T 416.736.2100 x66957 / cell: 647-430-8680 / Skype: mjpzryd
z...@yorku.ca <mailto:z...@yorku.ca>  €
http://ampd.yorku.ca/about-us/our-faculty/michael-zryd
<http://finearts.yorku.ca/about-us/our-faculty/michael-zryd>  €
ampd.yorku.ca <http://ampd.yorku.ca/>

York University, one of 2015 Canada¹s Greenest Employers

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only
for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of
privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of
its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or
copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and
destroy all copies of it.