If one wanted sort of “introductory” or otherwise contextualizing shots,
there’s an external view of the San Francisco camera obscura in one of Nick
Dorsky’s earlier films, and maybe also at the end of “Flower Thief.” Then
there’s an interior in Bertolucci’s “Before the Revolution” where the reflected
image turns to color while the rest of the frame remains black and white.