Dear Frameworks subscribers,

We are excited to announce that have just opened registration for the JAPAN
CUTS 2016 Film Workshop on Hand-Drawn Animation Techniques with MONO NO AWARE,
held June 18: http://www.japansociety.org/event/japan-cuts-2016-film-workshop
Participants’ final works will screen as part of the JAPAN CUTS Experimental
Spotlight program.

We recently announced the dates and first selections for the tenth anniversary
edition of JAPAN CUTS: Festival of New Japanese Film, to be held July 14-24,
2016 at Japan Society in New York City:
www.japansociety.org/japancuts<http://www.japansociety.org/japancuts>

The festival’s Centerpiece Presentation is the North American Premiere of
Yoshifumi Tsubota’s The Shell Collector. Star Lily Franky will join the
screening to receive the CUT ABOVE Award for Outstanding Performance in Film.
In addition, JAPAN CUTS 2016 will present the New York Premiere of Ryosuke
Hashiguchi’s Three Stories of Love, the NYC Premiere of Sion Sono’s Love &
Peace, as well as the North American Premiere of Daichi Sugimoto’s A Road.

This year’s selection includes many avant-garde titles which I’m sure will be
of interest to Frameworks subscribers. The complete program of features,
shorts, guests, discussions, and parties will be announced in early June,
following a screening of the JAPAN CUTS classic, Love Exposure held June 3:
http://www.japansociety.org/event/love-exposure

Best,
Joel

Joel Neville Anderson
PhD Student, Visual and Cultural Studies
University of Rochester
978.394.3292
www.joelnevilleanderson.com<http://www.joelnevilleanderson.com>

JAPAN CUTS Programmer
Japan Society
978.394.3292
jander...@japansociety.org<mailto:jander...@japansociety.org>
www.japansociety.org

JAPAN CUTS: Festival of New Japanese Film (July 14-24, 2016, 10th Anniversary
Edition)
www.japansociety.org/japancuts