Dear Frameworkers,

For a program I’ll be co-teaching at The Evergreen State College next
winter and spring quarters, I’m looking for short experimental and/or
narrative films that use Greek literature, themes, philosophy and mythology
as an inspiration or point of departure.  [Our program, called THE EPIC AND
THE EVERYDAY, combines ancient Greek literature and media production.]
I’ve used feature films in a past iteration of this program (e.g. O BROTHER
WHERE ART THOU? and LANDSCAPE IN THE MIST), but I’d like to mix in more
short work, since I will be teaching media production as part of this
program and students will be making short work.  Films utilizing found
footage would be especially useful.  (The last time I taught this program,
I used some of Jay Rosenblatt’s work in this context.)  Happily, I will
have a little bit of a budget to rent or—preferably—buy the work for our
campus library.  Thank you for you suggestions.

Best wishes,

CC
Caryn Cline
Experimental Filmmaker & Teacher