Hello All,

A historical question:

What was the first film to do a time-exposed single-frame sequence from a
car/driver POV?  Koyaanisqatsi popularized the effect in 1983, but when was it
first done?  I worked on a student film in 1975 called Nervous on the Road that
featured this technique at mid-point, but surely we weren't the first, were we?
 You can check a very compressed file of Nervous out on Vimeo at
https://vimeo.com/25296928

When we did this we were going for the slit-scan look of the stargate sequence
from 2001, but that was an animation process and we were doing real-world
cinematography with a wind-up Bolex.  It won an award at a film festival in
1997 and was broadcast over four midwest PBS stations in 1980 and not shown
since.

So who originated this effect?

Gregory Gutenko