I wonder if Jonathan Schwartz's travel films would fit that description.
Also, if I'm understanding correctly, that occurs in Bill Brown's latest
film Speculation Nation.

Sincerely,
Mia Ferm

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2016, at 14:09, Andy Ditzler <a...@andyditzler.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions of films that prominently utilize "wild sound"
in their soundtracks. (I'm defining wild sound as sound that is recorded at
the same time and location as the imagery, but is not synchronized to the
imagery in the final film.)

This would be other than the widespread use, in documentary filmmaking, of
ambient sound as a background to synchronized sound and image. I'm thinking
instead of films that highlight the non-synchronous (or semi-synchronous)
nature of the sound.

Examples include Peter Moore's "Stockhausen's Originale: Doubletakes," in
which we see images of a concert performance, and hear sounds of that
performance, but not in sync. The same principle applies to the 1950s
ethnographic films of John Marshall (for example, A Joking Relationship)
and Jean Rouch (Les Maitres Fous and others).

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best,

Andy Ditzler
Founder and curator, Film Love: www.filmlove.org
Co-founder, John Q collective: www.johnq.org

John Q in the New York Times Lens blog: http://nyti.ms/2aDWklE

forthcoming:
Journal of American Studies, co-editor, special issue, 2017 (with Joey Orr)