Light Industry showed a digital copy of it in 2013.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Warren Cockerham <
warrencocker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Seth,
>
> Is it possible to travel to NYC with a film transparency scanner like one
> of the Epson Perfection models and a laptop to scan frames at the Donnell?
> You could easily shift the magenta colorspace in photoshop (or gimp if
> you're anit-adobe) and output print-quality images. Maybe a friend in NYC
> could do this and send them to you? Sorry, I don't live there anymore.
>
> - Warren
> (Chicago)
>
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Watter, Seth <seth_wat...@brown.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am emailing on the off chance that someone might know about copies,
>> either 16mm or high quality digital, of the film *Microcultural
>> Incidents in Ten Zoos* by Ray L. Birdwhistell and Jacques D. van Vlack
>> (1971? some sources say 1969). I would like to obtain images good enough to
>> print, for a publication on Birdwhistell that is soon going to press.
>>
>> The title technically belongs to Drexel, but they have no copies there. I
>> have a DVD of the film that I bought from Penn Media Sales before they went
>> belly-up, but as you might expect, it does not look very good even as a
>> DVD, let alone as an image on paper. The only other format they provide is
>> an SD file--presumably made from the DVD.
>>
>> I know of 16mm copies at the Donnell Library in New York and at the Penn
>> Museum Archives. Neither has been well cared for and both are
>> super-magenta. The Human Studies Film Archive in D.C. has original
>> camera rolls for the film, but not the particular segment I would like to
>> reproduce. Of course, other results come up in Worldcat, in sometimes
>> far-flung places...
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any clues, references, etc. Or forward to
>> those who might. It would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Seth Barry Watter
>> Brown University
>> Magic Lantern Cinema

Pablo de Ocampo

Exhibitions Curator

Western Front

303 East 8th Avenue

Vancouver BC V5T 1S1

Canada

T. +1.604.876.9343

F. +1.604.876.4099

E. pablodeoca...@front.bc.ca

W. www.front.bc.ca

*On view in the gallery:*
*Asymmetrical Response | Cory Arcangel & Olia Lialina
<http://front.bc.ca/events/asymmetrical-response/> | September 9 - October
22, 2016*

*Coming up:*
Scrivener's Monthly |