Dear Frameworkers -

This is an exciting email to send:

The acclaimed BIG EARS festival — which Brooklyn Magazine called “the
avant-garde SXSW”, and which Rolling Stone calls “America’s premiere
avant-garde gathering" — is announcing its first-ever open call for film
submissions.

Though it is well established as one of the most acclaimed and eclectic music
festivals in the country, the last two editions of the festival have featured
more and more cinema. Artists like Laurie Anderson, Bill Morrison, Jodie Mack,
and Shambhavi Kaul, among many others, have visited the festival and shared
their work through retrospectives, premiere screenings, performances, and
installations.

The Public Cinema is now in its second year curating and expanding the
cinematic offerings at Big Ears, and we are happy to invite submissions for
next year’s film program.

It is FREE to submit your film. You may submit via an online form found here:
http://www.publiccinema.org/submit

We are especially interested in film/video work that would be a World, North
American, USA, or Southeast regional premiere in March 2017. Regardless of
premiere status, we are excited to consider any work that might be appropriate
for the festival.

The dates for Big Ears are March 23-26, 2017. We hope you will consider sharing
your work with us, and we invite you to share this announcement with anyone
that might be interested!

Thank you,

Paul Harrill & Darren Hughes
The Public Cinema

ps. If you are unfamiliar with Big Ears here are some articles that will give
you a good sense of the festival:

Rolling Stone
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/big-ears-expands-to-four-days-announces-64-performances-w443384

Brooklyn Magazine