If you have access to one of the scores of 35mm format projection lenses
that came of 35mm projectors in the last 5 years, you could do what I did
and adapt a barrel from a standard 50mm projector lens (16mm format) to the
35mm format lens.  I am away until December, but I could show you a picture
of what I did when I get back.  I was able to use a lens from one of the
short-throw stadium seat cineplex theatres which was 32mm, f1.9.  That
filled my 14 foot wide screen from a 20 foot throw with not too much loss
of light.  I took apart an old 50mm lens from a 16mm projector (there's
dozens of those around) and replaced the barrel of the 32mm.  If fits
perfectly in my Bell and Howell 16mm projector.

Christopher