1.  Hutton was an educator.

2.  For most people, appreciation of “pure” art, of “extremely disciplined
style” is learned, not an inherent given of personality, biology, or whatever.
Taste is a social construction,

3.  Educating potential viewers so they can have such art experiences is (at
least in part) an act of love, a social act that makes this a better world.

Chuck Kleinhans