The light-sensor system under development at L'Abominable provides an
input to my Film-O-Sync software [1] on a nearby computer. (I developed
it with a DIY tach generator, see details on my website.) They are
beta-testing new versions that include surround sound, serial messaging
for triggering & show-control, and SRT subtitle playback via video
projector. We use it at Cooper Union School of Art, so students can
enjoy nice sound with their 16mm work.

FYI, Nic and friends at L'Abominable have worked out most of the kinks
and their optical sensor seems reliable, even on black sections. It's a
lot easier than adding a tach inside the projector too! Lots of fun
possibilities there! I'll send an update to the list when the new
software version is ready.

-Zach

Links:
------