if plato fits your definition check michael snow's 'so is this'.

________________________________
Från: FrameWorks <frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com> för Kian Bergstrom
<kian.bergst...@gmail.com>
Skickat: den 26 januari 2017 20:27
Till: Experimental Film Discussion List
Ämne: Re: [Frameworks] experimental films with philosophical text?

Péter Forgács' _Wittgenstein Tractatus_ springs to mind.

-Kian

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Ben Ogrodnik
<ben.ogrod...@gmail.com<mailto:ben.ogrod...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

Can you recommend to me any experimental, avant-garde films that examine key
works/thinkers of Western continental or analytical philosophy?

The type of film I'm interested in is not a film that can be analyzed through a
philosophical lens, but rather one in which a philosophical text makes some
kind of direct appearance (through a quotation, intertitle, etc.) For instance,
one example might be the 16mm film Valley Fever by Stephanie Beroes, 1986,
which features a woman reading lengthy excerpts from Maurice Merleau-Ponty's
phenomenological thought.

I am currently working on a list of experimental films united by a common
interest in visualizing philosophical texts.  Alas, this subfield is not my
main area of expertise, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Ben

--