From: FrameWorks [mailto:frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com] On Behalf Of
Ben Ogrodnik
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:21 PM
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Subject: [Frameworks] experimental films with philosophical text?

Hi all,
Can you recommend to me any experimental, avant-garde films that examine key
works/thinkers of Western continental or analytical philosophy?

The type of film I'm interested in is not a film that can be analyzed through a
philosophical lens, but rather one in which a philosophical text makes some
kind of direct appearance (through a quotation, intertitle, etc.) For instance,
one example might be the 16mm film Valley Fever by Stephanie Beroes, 1986,
which features a woman reading lengthy excerpts from Maurice Merleau-Ponty's
phenomenological thought.
I am currently working on a list of experimental films united by a common
interest in visualizing philosophical texts.  Alas, this subfield is not my
main area of expertise, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Sincerely,
Ben

--