Thank you so much everyone! Also, very helpful off-list messages ;)

So, "piétage" seems to be "pietaje" in Spanish (never heard the word
before), perhaps (just) "footage" in English(?).

Still not sure about the machine, "piéteuse". I forgot to say before that
this machine seems to have an ink pad to print numbers on frames. I think
this is not the same as a Key Code printer. As Christopher said, it differs
from numbers that come from factory. The "piétage" seems to be done during
editing with this machine called "pieteuse".

Christopher, is this what you used before? Don't remember its name? Anyone
else?

> I operated one of these machines for a short while
>
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Christopher Ball <cbifi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You are referring to edge numbering for editing?  We used to call it edge
>> code or edge numbering.  The machine as far as I can remember was just an
>> edge numbering machine.  It differs from keycoding/key codes, (which are
>> the numbers that kodak burns right into the film), as edge coding or edge
>> numbering is done after you've synchronized your workprint with your
>> soundtrack and then stamp these edge numbers on to keep your sound and
>> picture in sync during ediitng.
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Esperanza Collado <
>> esperanzacolla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi FrameWorkers,
>>>
>>> Could any of you help me with the translation of these French terms
>>> please? Even if you don't know French, by the description some of you may
>>> know what I'm referring to.
>>>
>>> I actually need to translate these two terms into Spanish, but I am so
>>> lost, even an English translation would do for a start.
>>>
>>> These are the terms:
>>>
>>> • Piétage («piétage de la pellicule») — (it refers to white numbers
>>> written with a «piéteuse» machine on the image and on the sound strips at
>>> the same time, in order to get them synchronized I guess. This operation is
>>> done with a special machine called «pieteuse»)  —
>>>
>>> • Piéteuse (the machine) —
>>>

>>> Fingers crossed there's someone out there who knows these words.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>

>>> Esperanza.

Esperanza Collado