Hi all,

I'm interested in gathering a list of film/video-based art exhibitions in
the United States, UK, Europe and rest of the world.  I was wondering if
anyone might have suggestions of any exhibitions (recent or old) that were
focused on a broad survey of moving image art.

Obviously many exhibitions, such as documenta or the Venice Biennale, have
exhibited some form of moving images or experimental media. But for my
purposes, I'm interested only in shows that focus on the moving image as
the central theme, not as a component of a larger thematic whole.

An example might be the recent show at the Whitney Museum, *Dreamlands:
Immersive Cinema and Art, 1905-2016* or *Into the Light: The Projected
Image in American Art, 1964-1977*, both curated by Chrissie Iles. Another
example of this on a much smaller scale would be *Renegades: American
Avant-Garde Film, 1960-1973*, at the Walker Center of the Arts.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks so much.
Sincerely,
Ben

--