In Toulouse you should find screening opportunities at the Cinematheque de Toulouse, or Traverse Video, or Les Abbatoirs, or some other local venues. A number of filmmakers live there (I can send contact info privately).

This lab has been a work in progress for awhile, but the people and the equipment are still there:
http://www.filmlabs.org/index.php/labs/bioskop/

In Montpellier there is a smaller scene, but still some filmmakers live near there. Martine Rousset lives in Frontignan. The university might be a good place for a screening.

-Pip Chodorov