Hello Gene,

Along with talking to Lawrence Jordan, he should also talk to Brecht Andersch:
he was the person who conducted the interview with Brakhage in Radical Light
discussing Maclaine.

Brecht---along with Brian Darr---conducted a massive, multipart examination of
Maclaine's The End for the SFMOMA's blog Open Space.
(https://openspace.sfmoma.org/2010/09/in-search-of-christopher-maclaine-the-end-tour-1/).
 It is a totally enjoyable, exhaustive autopsy of the film as they try and
identify the locations throughout the Bay Area, and the folks who were in it,
triangulating fragments of data, and providing tons of fascinating historical
context.

I know that Brecht has spoken extensively with many people who knew Maclaine
personally, including about his poetry. Your friend should most definitely
reach out to him.

I can provide his email address off list.

best

Christian Bruno