I think it would be a mistake to make that assumption that if Kodak is selling
a Super 8 cameras they will continue to make the film. The management of Kodak
is no longer driven driven by the Sensitized Products Division. In my opinion
Kodak will discontinue any product when it stops being profitable.
To keep Super 8 alive it is far better to buy a well maintained quality camera
in the $ 500 range and spent the rest of the money on film and processing.
Sherman
> On Jul 14, 2017, at 8:15 PM, Tim Halloran <televis...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> THIS point about the stocks, above all.
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 14, 2017, at 5:55 PM, Toni-Lynn Frederick <tlfreder...@icloud.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> ...Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but is it not the case that, with the
>> creation of this camera, comes the guarantee of continued stock production —
>> or at least it means that raw film stock won’t disappear as soon as some of
>> us feared?
>>
>> That’s got to be worth something, no?
>>
>> Toni-Lynn Frederick
>> University of Reading