Dear Abigail,

That's not true --MGM never got it right on this set of titles from UA. In
1936, UA's Art Cinema (Joe Schenck's productions) was dissolved with half
of the films being transferred to Mary Pickford. The rights to Evangeline
now belong to the Mary Pickford Foundation. (My company, Milestone, brought
it out on DVD some years ago but the rights have reverted to MPF.) You can
find them on the web with their contact info.

Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640