I agree with others that many experimental works by women use a woman’s voice
or voices.

It might be useful to recall that what was often novel in women’s films in the
60s-70s era was dealing with a narrator or in documentary experts or witnesses
who were women.  We might connect this with changing conditions and
technologies of production that made synch sound recording cheaper and more
accessible for artisan filmmaking. as well as women artists having a special
interest in women saying things as well as looking at things.  The modes of
silent, sound, and synch sound in experimental film also play a part.  For
example, we see a lot of Jane Brakhage in her husband’s work, but do we ever
hear her?

 I remember after a screening of a 90 minute early feminist film of the late
sixties, one of my feminist friends remarking about the guys attending, “I’ll
be that’s the first time most of them listened to women talking for so long and
not leaving or interrupting them.”

Chuck Kleinhans