Chuck’s last email to Frameworks (if my email’s memory is accurate), on the
subject “asking for a friend:”

—
I thought Green Eggs and Ham was better.

You seem to see some connection between warning the soldiers of an occupying
army not to fraternize with the locals and sexual harassment of filmmakers?  Or
are filmmakers the harassers?
—

As always with Chuck, a combination of fun and warmth, even a little silliness,
irreverent humor (and irreverence in general), and sharp thinking. When I met
him a few years back at a conference, I found him much the same in person. I
knew whenever I saw his name in my email inbox I was in for a good read,
however brief. I’m sad that there won’t be any more.

Jonathan

Dr. Jonathan Walley
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Cinema