Funny. Similar thing happened to me recently. Remmeber that when belts perish they leave steel cables that can damage mech if you keep trying to operate the machine. If you keep trying to turn the seized picture head you will also blow the controller card.

I suggest opening the hood up and examining all the gears and drive areas un der the prisms. If belts look old, snip them out. Snip out remaining cables too if belts are perished.

NACHLEBEN FILM LAB AND ARCHIVE
http://www.nachleben.org.uk
CUBE CINEMA. BRISTOL
http://www.cubecinema.com/