A letter from our Founder and Director, Steve Cossman

Warm wishes to my friends and colleagues,

I’m writing to let you know that thanks to you and your involvement with MONO
NO AWARE, our community has had the best year ever.

This year’s activities have earned the attention of the New York Times,
(https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/nyregion/a-brooklyn-film-school-where-the-digital-revolution-didnt-happen.html)
 MovieMaker Magazine, Wave Farm, and the New York State Council for the Arts
(NYSCA), who recently awarded MONO preliminary funding for next year's
programming!  We could not have done this without your help.
Whether you’re a former workshop participant, audience member, exhibiting
artist, a one-time renter or a year-round friend, you’ve made a contribution
that has allowed us to offer affordable workshops to over 500 participants,
present a dozen in-person screenings, make cameras and projectors accessible on
a weekly basis, distribute film stock and chemistry, provide critical project
support, editing facilities, and given us the ability to commission new moving
image works by contemporary artists. I hope that as a member of this community,
you share the feeling of pride we all have in these accomplishments.
With new growth comes new challenges, and somehow we manage to operate with a
part-time volunteer staff, out of a small office in downtown Brooklyn. My hope
is that you believe in the hard work we are doing—building a film-positive
community, with affordable, all-ages and equal access to cinema tools and
technology (http://mononoawarefilm.com/) — (http://mononoawarefilm.com/)   and
that you are able to show your support with a tax-deductible donation. Your
generous contribution to MONO means that we can continue to empower our
community members, engage with a diverse audience and provide critical support
to the production and exhibition of films by under-recognized voices and
artists.

There is nothing quite like the community surrounding MONO NO AWARE and no
other organization is as active in the education of traditional film making,
offering continued support through multiple initiatives.

MONO's ability to offer extremely affordable rates gives a diverse group of
artists access to all the materials necessary; from the film stock itself and
the camera to shoot it with, to the facilities and chemistry to process, right
down to the projector and the screen to present the work on.  We are a leader
in commissioning, supporting and exhibiting moving image art in a variety of
forms.
Please consider making a special year-end donation of $50, $100, $250 or more
(https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=RnAztIGjqfG9e0_rv1pH-OX-IusbWQt7qV0gcjppIJJA10fS0Bo2BNa99UY_vxjyzcztdm&country.x=US&locale.x=US)
 — your contribution will have a direct impact on our upcoming year.  All
donations are tax-deductible,
(https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=RnAztIGjqfG9e0_rv1pH-OX-IusbWQt7qV0gcjppIJJA10fS0Bo2BNa99UY_vxjyzcztdm&country.x=US&locale.x=US)
 and for those local to the greater NYC area, a contribution comes with a
personal invitation to our special 2018 kick-off party with great music, hot
food, friends and a special slide-show detailing the new lab space / facilities
that we are building for you.

Thank you for again your continued support and friendship.  If you have a
moment, take a look below to explore just a few of the highlights of our 2017.

Best to you all, I look forward to seeing you next year,

Steve Cossman
Founder / Executive Director
MONO NO AWARE est. 2007
http://17.performa-arts.org/events/yto-barrada
http://mononoawarefilm.com/beach-retreat-workshop
https://www.thefotomat.com/
https://mononoawarefilm.com/archive-julie-orlick
https://www.facebook.com/mononoawarefilm/posts/1463912336964221
http://mononoawarefilm.com/film-stock/
http://mononoawarefilm.com/workshops/
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=BYO-B%2Fw%20Mixer%20%26%20Free%20Workshop%20Party
http://mononoawarefilm.com/workshops/

** (https://www.instagram.com/mononoawarefilm/)
** InstagraMono (https://www.instagram.com/mononoawarefilm/)
** (https://www.facebook.com/mono.aware.9)
** FaceBookNoAware (https://www.facebook.com/mono.aware.9)
** MONO NO AWARE (EIN 46-4573533) is a 501(c)3 public charity; all
contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
(https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=0IVgE1NRQO3LDJarvO1s0mwz8GLLGoQ1GAQzKzQJ05AJC2-h7CqKEasbdkuxMGB5ukC-5m&country.x=US&locale.x=US)

Our mailing address is:
MONO NO AWARE
302 Bedford Ave