Dear Frameworkers,

Has anyone worked with closed captioning and applied it to an experimental
film in a way that you felt captured the sound design of your project?  I'm
thinking particularly of films that rely on ambient sound and/or music
rather than dialogue.  The examples I've seen have been narrative films
where dialogue, music and major sound "spots" have been described in words
onscreen.  I'd be interested in examples that are more integrative, if
possible, that is, where the verbal description of an ambient soundtrack
tries to communicate the ideas behind the uses of sound.

Many thanks,

CC
--
Caryn Cline
Experimental Filmmaker & Teacher

film still from "We Will Not Be Silent" (2017)