Hi Andy,
Thanks for asking for clarification. I am thinking of films along the lines
of Pleasantville, where "real world" people are transported into a
narrative world by magical/fantastic means.
What I was picturing specifically was something where a movie goer at a
cinema walks into the screen, or is otherwise drawn into it and finds
themselves in that films world.
I hope that helps.
Also the subject was meant to read "entering the film".
Thanks so much to everyone for your input!