 Subject: [Frameworks] film/art for the autistic
 To: "Experimental Film Discussion List" <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
 Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 5:41 PM

 Hey folks,

 Thanks for those who chimed in with thoughts and
 recommendations for working with non-hearing students!

 In part two of "Adventures in First-Time
 Community College Teaching," I'm wondering if
 anyone has experience better reaching autistic students.

 There are two in my "Intro to Video"
 class, and we're starting out making a found footage
 movie from archive.org. The trouble is
 that finding visual connections and the Bruce Conner-style
 of filmmaking is a really tough hurdle for a person living
 with autism. (let alone most non-autistic folks!)

 Are there any autistic filmmakers on the list, or
 film/art instructors that have experience working with them?

 thanks!dan anderson

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----