Just thinking of found footage:

Ina Archer's *Hattie McDaniel: Or a Credit to the Motion Picture Industry* from
2002 . I put together a program last year for the Northwest Film Center
that focused on artists of color re-purposing / re-enacting footage, both
male and female (but fwiw, I am a white woman):
https://miacooperferm.com/filmprogramming/reconstructingidentity/

>From Akosua Adoma Owusu, others have mentioned her,  *Bus Nut* and
*Intermittent Delight *
Jennifer Chan also works a lot of with internet-sourced footage.

Sincerely,
Mia Ferm

*Cinema Project*
www.cinemaproject.org