With apologies for crossposting:

Extended-Term Appointment in Media Production
Deadline: Tuesday September 3, 2019

The Department of Communication Studies at Concordia University in
Montreal, Quebec, invites applications for a full-time extended-term
appointment (ETA) in Media Production.

We are seeking a media-maker with a specialization in two or three of the
following areas: Intermedia, Moving Images, and Sound. The successful
candidate will teach production courses in our undergraduate and graduate
diploma programs. We are particularly interested in candidates who have
extensive experience teaching media production, have up-to-date skills with
new production technologies, and have experience with innovative forms of
media-making.

This is a full-time teaching and service position for an initial 3-year
appointment starting no later than July 1, 2020. ETAs are eligible for
reappointment, subject to the availability of work and positive evaluation
of their performance, potentially for a period of time without an end-date.

Founded in 1965, the Department of Communication Studies at Concordia
University is Canada’s oldest degree-granting department in the discipline.
Our expertise and major research contributions have been in cultural
studies, feminist media studies, moving image studies, sound studies,
environmental studies, game studies, mobility studies, critical race
theory, media history, and the politics of identity. The Department offers
programs leading to BA, Graduate Diploma, MA, and PhD degrees. The
undergraduate Degree in Communication Studies is well known for its
integration of media production and critical theoretical perspectives; we
offer the only undergraduate BA in Communication and Cultural Studies and
the only graduate diploma in Communication in Canada; we have over thirty
years of experience running our MA in Media Studies, which includes over
twenty-five years of innovations in research-creation methods; our growing
PhD program offers students advanced training in media and cultural
studies. In keeping with Concordia’s mission, the Department fosters
inclusivity in its research, curriculum, and teaching practices, and is
committed to serving the needs of a diverse student population. Candidates
are encouraged to visit our departmental website for additional information
concerning our programs, course offerings, and priorities:
concordia.ca/coms

RESPONSIBILITIES

The appointed candidate will be expected to be an engaged and inspiring
teacher in media production, to envisage future curriculum development, and
to contribute actively to the service and reputation of the Department and
the University. Successful candidates will normally be expected to teach
six 3-credit courses per year and serve on relevant department committees.

QUALIFICATIONS

Candidate will have a terminal degree (MFA and/or PhD), demonstrated
expertise in media production, have successful teaching experience in a
post-secondary academic context, have a demonstrated understanding of the
relationship between media production and cultural/critical theory,
evidence of media-making and/or research-creation contributions, and
evidence of continued growth in media-making practice and technical skills.

APPLICATIONS

Applications should consist of the following items, in the given order, as
a single PDF:

a cover letter;
a curriculum vitae, which includes software and technical competencies;
a statement of teaching philosophy/interests (approx. 1 page);
samples of media produced to showcase skills and expertise;
evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. syllabi; samples of student work;
teaching evaluations);
names of three references.
Applications should be sent to Ms. Donna Stewart, Department Administrator,
at donna.stew...@concordia.ca with the subject heading Media Production ETA
application and to arrive by Tuesday, September 3, 2019 and addressed to:

Donna Stewart, Communication Studies DA
Department of Communication Studies (CJ 3.230)
Concordia University
7141 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H4B 1R6
Canada

Questions about the position may be sent to Charles Acland, Chair,
Department of Communication Studies at c.acl...@concordia.ca

Review of applications begins as they are received and continues until the
position has been filled.