Thanks Bill, you're a life I mean turkey saver!! Merry Christmas to you and yours.  Sally

"Bill Austin (AZhttp)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hormel has a good "Turkey Thawing" chart at:

Basically, it depends on the size of the bird but at least two days in the refrigerator - longer for larger birds.

Do not wash it first - leave it in the bag.

Cooking temperature is usually 325 degrees F.

Recipes here:

and here:

8-12 lbs 2¾ - 3 Hours 3 - 3½ Hours

20-24 lbs 4½ - 5 Hours 4¾ - 5¼ Hours