>From the All_Easy_Cookin_Recipes group...

~~~~~

White Fruitcake

5 eggs
1 stick of butter
1 c. sugar
1 3/4 c. plain flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 lb. candied cherries ( red and green)
1 lb. candied pineapple
4 c. pecans chopped
1 Tbsp. vanilla flavoring
1 Tbsp. lemon extract

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy; add beaten eggs and blend well. Chop nuts
and fruit; mix with part of the flour. (Be sure fruit and nuts are mix well
with the flour) Sift remaining flour and baking powder. Fold into egg and
butter mixture. Add flavoring, mix, then add fruit and nuts, mixing well. (I
use my hands to mix fruit and nuts with other mixture) Pour into greased, paper
lined tube pan. Place in cold oven and bake it at 250 degrees for three hours.
Cool in pan on cake rack. I put my cake in cheese cloth dipped in wine or
bourbon, and put apple slices in the center hole. This helps to keep it moist.
It isn't necessary to use the wine or bourbon, but it does help to keep moist
and I think it adds to the flavor.

--
Rhonda G in Missouri
Owner of Awesome Swaps and More