>From the allrecipes.com website...

~~~~~

Rancheros
SUBMITTED BY: Elaine L. Smith

"These were on the oatmeal box when I was just a small kid in the 50's When I
make these for bake sales, they're always one of the first to go. Always
attached a recipe to each package and everyone always seems to
say.........OHHHH!!! I REMEMBER THESE!!! You can also use walnuts instead of
the peanuts."

Original recipe yield:
6 dozen

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped peanuts
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
Cream together shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, vanilla and coconut..
Add sifted ingredients and mix well. Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips and nuts.
Mix thoroughly.
Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8--12 minutes until
golden brown.

All are looking for new members!!!