>From the Recipe Zaar website...

~~~~~

Jambalaya

Really good. I do cook the rice seperate, that way I dont make glue, and you
can make it hotter-I do!

2 hours 20 min prep
8-10 servings

2 teaspoons shortening
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 cup green peppers, finely chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 chicken, cut into pieces
2 lbs chorizo sausage or andouille sausages (or a good reliable hot sausage you
know of)
3 cups fresh, ripe tomatoes, , , chopped or 2 cans diced tomatoes
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon cayenne or chili powder (what ever your taste buds can handle)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 cups cooked long grain white rice
cayenne or Tabasco sauce (to offer at table)

Melt shortening in a large/huge saucepan over medium heat.
Cook chicken pieces until brown on all sides and cooked about half way through,
around 20 minutes or so.
Remove and add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic.
Cook slowly stirring now and again until onions are tender.
Add sausage and cook 10 min more.
Return chicken and add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT rice and stir together
well.
Cover and simmer for 30 min stirring now and again.
Remove cover and continue to cook until broth cooks down a bit-you don't want
it too thick as the rice will soak up the juice.
Serve up the rice in bowls and ladle the Jambalaya on top, and offer more
cayenne or tabasco at the table.
***Iknow that cooking the rice on the side and not in the dish will cause some
to have a heart attack, but I've found the flavor much better this way, IMHO.
Diana.

All are looking for new members!!!