>From the Homestyle Recipes website...
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
2 pounds Italian Sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
12 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
2 small cans Tomato Paste
3 small cans Tomato Sauce 1 bay leaf
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large soup pot - brown Italian Sausage and crumble the meat into
chunks. Drain grease.
2. Add olive oil, bell peppers, onion and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes,
stirring frequently. Add chopped tomato and cook 5 more minutes, still
3. Add tomato paste and tomato sauce. Fill empty cans with water and add to
4. Add spices to the spaghetti sauce. Add salt and pepper. Stir well.
5. Cook on low heat for 1 1/2 hours. Stir often to keep spaghetti sauce from
sticking to bottom of pan. (add more water if sauce becomes too thick)
6. Remove bay leaf and ladle sauce over spaghetti noodles.
Top with Parmesan cheese.
Serves approx 6 people.
~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~~~
Owner of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/a_place_for_chatting_and_friends/
Owner of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rhondas_Recipe_Exchange/
Owner of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePlaceToSwap/
My MySpace.com page - http://www.myspace.com/rhondag2u
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.