>From the Homestyle Recipes website...
An old-time dessert such as this is just as delicious today.
4 cups peeled, thinly sliced, tart apples (4 or 5 medium)
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup water
6 Tbs. butter or margarine
1 Tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup milk (approximately)
Whipped cream or ice cream
1. Arrange apple slices in greased shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
2. In small saucepan, mix brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the flour, the spices and 1/4
tsp. of the salt. Stir in water.
3. Place over low heat. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in 2 Tbs. of the
butter and lemon juice. Pour over apples.
4. Mix remaining flour, salt and baking poweder. Cut in remaining butter until
particles are like cornmeal. With fork, stir in enough milk to make a soft
dough. Spoon onto apples, making 8 biscuits.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes or until biscuits are browned and
apples are tender. Serve warm or cool with whipped cream or ice cream.
~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~~~
Owner of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/a_place_for_chatting_and_friends/
Owner of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rhondas_Recipe_Exchange/
Owner of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePlaceToSwap/
My MySpace.com page - http://www.myspace.com/rhondag2u
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.