>From the MyRecipes.com website...
10-inch Pie Pastry
1. In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups unbleached or regular all-purpose flour and 1/4
teaspoon salt. Add 1/4 cup (2 oz.) cold butter or margarine, cut into chunks,
and 1/4 cup cold solid shortening, cut into chunks (or omit butter and use 1/2
cup shortening). With a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in the fats or rub
with your fingers until mixture forms pea-size crumbs.
2. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cold water over crumbs and mix with your hands until
evenly moistened. Gently squeeze about 1/4 cup of the dough into a ball; if it
won't hold together, crumble lump back into bowl, sprinkle with 1 more
tablespoon water, and mix again until evenly moistened.
3. With lightly floured hands, form dough into a ball. Dust ball lightly with
flour; flatten into a round about 3/4 inch thick, pressing edges to make
4. On a lightly floured surface, with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough
firmly but gently in short strokes from the center outward to form a round 1/8
inch thick and about 14 inches wide; lift and turn dough occasionally, dusting
underneath with more flour. If edges split while rolling, press them back
toward the center to make smooth.
5. Fold dough round in half, lift gently without stretching, and lay folded
edge across the center of a 10-inch pie pan. Unfold and ease dough into pan.
Trim edge evenly 1 inch beyond pan rim; reserve scraps for other uses or
discard. Fold edge under itself flush with rim; flute decoratively. Cover crust
and chill until ready to use.
Makes 10-inch single crust
~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~~~
You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total
Access, No Cost.