iam spanish decent,we add ham,choirzos as well,but you can do it with just eggs,onions ,potatoes and it is good.We eat it hot for dinner,but for a snack[leftovers its just as good room temp or cold
Mary
-------------- Original message from luvmygroops <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: --------------

From the Recipe Gal website...

~~~~~

Spanish Omelet

In Spain this is called tortilla but we call it a Spanish omelet. My daughter spent some time in Spain and loved this.  When she came back she wanted me to make it for her.  There it is served at room temperature butI prefer it a little warm.

olive oil
2-3 potatoes
4-5 eggs
salt

Cut enough potatoes to make a layer three potatoes deep over the bottom of your saute pan. Add a generous splash of olive oil and fry the potatoes until they are soft on the inside and crispy and browning on the outside. Season generously with salt. Use enough eggs to just bind the potatoes together. I add a little water to the eggs and whisk them well. Pour the egg over the potatoes, lifting them a little so that the egg flows all around. Cook over medium-low heat while the egg sets. It will brown a little on the bottom.  When the bottom is set and browning, flip it over by sliding the omelet onto a plate and sliding it back on the other side. When it is done , put it on a plate and cut into wedges.

When we first started making this, I thought it would be improved by adding other ingredients like onions, pepper or parsley.  I experimented but it didn't seem to make it better.. It is delicious the way it is.

~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~~~