>From the Recipe Zaar website...
Potluck Pasta Salad
SERVES 12 (change servings and units) Ingredients
* 4 ounces wagon wheel macaroni or desired pasta, 1 1/3 cup
* 4 ounces tri-colored corkscrew macaroni or desired pasta
* 1 teaspoon dried red pepper, crushed
* 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
* 1 medium yellow squash, halved, sliced lengthwise (and/or zucchini)
* 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed or 1 1/2 cups fresh peas, cooked and
* 6 ounces black olives, pitted, drained
* 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, cubed
* 1 cup unblanched whole almonds, toasted
* 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
* 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, snipped or oregano or basil or dill
* 8 ounces Italian salad dressing
1. Cook pasta according to package directions except add crushed red
pepper to the cooking water.
2. Rinse with cool water and drain thoroughly.
3. Cool pasta to room temperature. In a large mixing bowl combine
pasta, sweet red pepper, yellow squash or zucchini, peas, olives, cheese,
almonds, green onions and herb.
4. Add dressing to pasta mixture. Toss gently to mix.
5. Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~~~