>From the Country Cooking website...
Mandarin Orange Icebox Cake
a cool treat for a hot day!
1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Butter Cake Mix
4 eggs 1 11oz. can Mandarin Orange slices
3/4 cup Crisco Oil
icing recipe below
1. Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil and juice drained from the orange slices.
2. Set aside for a garnish a few slices of the mandarin oranges. Then crumble
up the rest of the oranges into small chunks.
3. Add the orange pieces to the cake mix. Mix well.
4. Pour batter into shortening greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
5. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes.
(while cake is cooking make icing recipe below)
6. Cool pans for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pans.
* Tip for easily removing cake from pans - place hot pans on a wet towel. The
steam will make the cake easier to remove without breaking. Take a knife and
run along the sides of pan to release from edges. Place a plate over the pan
and turn upside down. Let sit for a minute and gently lift pan from cake.
7.. When cake has cooled, ice the cake.
Cool Whip Icing
1 large Cool Whip
1 large can crushed pineapple (in heavy syrup)
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1. Mix together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat well. Place
bowl in icebox while cake is cooking and cooling down.
2. Ice the cake - spread between layers, on sides and top.
3. Garnish top of cake with mandarin orange slices.
4. Refrigerate your Mandarin Orange Icebox Cake for at least 6 hours before
Rhonda G in Missouri