Celebration Sugar Cookies
Hands On: 25 minutes
Total: 2 hours
Makes: 60 servings (1 cookie per serving)
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Blue Bonnet-stick (3/4 cup = 1-1/2 sticks)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Additional all-purpose flour
Powdered Sugar Frosting
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons reduced fat (2%) milk
Assorted food coloring and candy decorations, optional
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl, set aside.
2. Beat Blue Bonnet and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium
speed until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture on
beating low speed until well blended . Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in
plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling.
3. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly flour work surface. Roll out half of the dough
at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured cookie
cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 13 minutes or until
edges are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
4. Frost with Powdered Sugar Frosting. Combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla,
and milk; mix until smooth and spreadable. Color with desired food coloring.
5. No-Roll Variation: Prepare cookie dough as directed. Shape dough into 1-inch
balls (Chill dough if too soft to handle.) Place about 2 inches apart on
ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with bottom of glass dipped in flour.
Bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Frost and decorate as desired.
Rhonda G in Missouri
Pen Pal, Friend, Mom and Chief Bottle Washer