Posted by: "Nancy" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   museofireland
on Rhondas_Recipe_Exchange (group is closed)
Sun Jun 8, 2008 4:05 pm (PDT)
Campfire Cobbler

2 cups berries (blueberries or raspberries)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter or margerine (not melted)

Place berries in the center of a piece of thick foil about 14" long, shiny side
facing up. Pour 1/2 of the sugar over the berries. In a bowl, mix the other
half of the sugar, flour, oatmeal and salt. Note:
I would do this at home and take it in a big ziploc bag ready to go when we
were Pat the mixture over the berries. Dot the top of the mixture with small
pieces of margerine. Fold the foil around the berries and topping, sealing it
all inside. Place the foil package on the grill for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove it and allow the foil to cool slightly before opening your campfire
cobbler to eat. Not sure how many it serves, perhaps 4 people

Rhonda G in Missouri
Pen Pal, Friend, Mom and Chief Bottle Washer