>From the Hershey's website...
Spooktacular Chocolate Cupcakes
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups sugar
* 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
* 3/4 cup water
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING(recipe follows)
* Assorted candies(optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper
2. Stir together dry ingredients in large bowl. Add shortening, buttermilk,
water, eggs and vanilla. Beat on low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds,
scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl
3. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool
4. Prepare PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING; place into pastry bag fitted with large
star tip. Insert tip into center of cupcakes; pipe filling into cake. Remove
tip from cake; garnish top with swirl of filling. Decorate with candies, if
desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cupcakes. About 3 dozen cupcakes.
* To sour milk: Use 2-1/4 teaspoons white vinegar plus milk to equal 3/4 cup.
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING
2 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in large bowl until blended. Add milk and
vanilla; beat well. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add
additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary, until desired consistency.
About 2-3/4 cups filling.
Rhonda G in Missouri
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around