>From the AllRecipes.com website...
Haitian French Toast
"A yummy and rich French toast perfect for a celebration brunch. I first served
this for New Year's Day brunch with a mixed grill of meats and a bottle of good
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 5 Min
READY IN 4 Hrs 20 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 4 servings
* 1 French baguette
* 1 cup orange juice
* 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 dash ground nutmeg
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Cut loaf ends off and reserve for another use. Cut remaining loaf
into 1 1/2 inch slices; let stand 4 hours or overnight.
2. In a 9x13 inch baking pan, combine orange juice, cream, eggs ground
cinnamon and white sugar. Place bread slices in pan and turn until liquid is
absorbed, about 5 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread slices
and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust generously with
confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~ ~~