All American Hamburger Pie

This recipe is an American favorite. We love hamburgers, so making a pie out of
our favorite meat sandwich is a winning idea. To give this recipe a richer
flavor, you can substitute 1 can of
mushroom soup for 1 can of tomato soup.

4 potatoes
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed tomato soup
1 (15 oz.) can green beans, drained
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel
and quarter the
potatoes and put into boiling water; cook for 15 minutes, or until tender.
Drain and mash. Set aside. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over
medium high heat until the beef is brown; drain. Stir in the tomato soup and
green beans. Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Mound the mashed
potatoes around the meat mixture (do not cover meat). Sprinkle
cheese on top of the potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are
golden.

~~~~~

Rhonda G in Missouri