>From the Taste of Home website...
Veggie Beef Burgers
CATEGORY: Main Dish
METHOD: Other stovetop
TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
* 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 celery rib, finely chopped
* 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 8 hamburger buns, split
* Lettuce leaves and sliced onion, tomatoes and pickles
In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add liquid smoke, salt and
pepper if desired. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight
patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns
with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and pickles. Yield: 8 servings.
~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~ ~~