This was submitted by Nancy [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Rhondas_Recipe_Exchange (group
is closed)

~~~~~

Swedish Tea log

I adore this recipe. This rich yeast coffee cake filled with brown
sugar and nuts is traditional at every family gathering. I increased
the amount of filling and frosting from the original recipe to make
the coffeecakes even richer. I also doubled the recipe, otherwise
there just isn't enough to go around! It's a long recipe, but you
really should try it at least once in your lifetime.
INGREDIENTS:
2 pkg. active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
4-1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 eggs
1/2 cup dried currants
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
6 Tbsp. butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4-6 Tbsp. heavy cream
PREPARATION:
Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for 5 minutes until bubbly. Meanwhile,
put flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl and cut in 1 cup
butter until particles are fine. Add 1/2 cup cream, eggs, softened yeast and
currants and mix well.

Cover and chill at least 2 hours. For filling, cream 1/2 cup butter and brown
sugar until smooth. Stir in pecans and set aside.

Divide dough into 6 parts. Roll out each part on floured surface to a 12x6"
rectangle and spread each with 1/6 of the pecan filling. Roll up, starting with
12" side, pinching dough to seal. Place in a crescent shape on foil-lined or
parchment-lined cookie sheets, seam side down. Make cuts along outside edge of
crescent, 1" apart, to within 1/2" of other side. Turn cut pieces on their
sides, twisting the dough slightly. Repeat with remaining dough to make six
coffee cakes. I put three coffee cakes on 1 cookie sheet.

Let rise in warm place until light, about 45 minutes. You can also, at this
point, refrigerate the coffee cakes, covered, overnight. Then bake as directed
in the morning, adding 5-10 minutes to baking time.. Bake at 350 degrees for
20-25 minutes until golden brown. Carefully remove from cookie sheetsto wire
racks using 2 spatulas and frost while warm.

For frosting, heat butter in heavy saucepan. Watching carefully, cook butter
until it just begins to turn light brown. It burns very easily, so don't leave
the stove during this step! Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough cream
for desired spreading consistency. Frost coffeecakes.

Makes 6 coffeecakes, technically serving 36, but actually serving 4 if you let
people eat all they want to!
~~~~~
Rhonda G in Missouri
.