>From the AllRecipes.com website...
Irish Chicken and Dumplings
SUBMITTED BY: CLAIRELLEN
"This is our family's very favorite comfort food."
* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
* 3 cups water
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 2 onions, quartered
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 5 carrots, sliced
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
* 4 potatoes, quartered
* 3 cups baking mix
* 1 1/3 cups milk
1. In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion,
salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat about 1 1/2
2. Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot. Add peas and
cook only 5 minutes longer.
4. Add dumplings. To make dumplings: Mix baking mix and milk until a
soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto BOILING stew. Simmer covered for
10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Rhonda G in Missouri
Ask me for the links to the groups I own...they all need new members!
Have a great day!
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]